Saturday 6 February 2010

MAC - All Ages, All Races, All Sexes Collection

I've been fairly uninspired by the MAC collections lately. In fact I think fairly uninspired is a bit of an understatement. From Warm and Cozy I picked up two items - By Candlelight MSF and Mulled Cider Eyeshadow and from Love Lace I picked up one item - Feline Kohl Pencil. Having seen multiple YT videos about the MAC in Lillyland collection, I can safely say there is nothing that grabs me. Originally I considered a lipgelee but they're so glittery and too much glitter on my lips is not a good look for me. The cream blushers do nothing for me either - so bright and on my pale skin even blended out I'm not sure that they would be particuarly flattering.

I have picked up a couple of items from All Ages, All Races, All Sexes although again, I don't think the collection is anything particuarly special. I toyed over the lipsticks 'Equality' and 'Myself' but after testing them out in store, they're so sheer and I can't pull those kind of lipsticks off. So, I chose 'Banshee' Eyeshadow and Personal Style Blush.



'Personal Style' is an unusual shade compared to all the other blushers I own. I'm pleased to have this in my collection, it adds a lovely natural finish to my cheeks for those days when I don't feel like wearing a lot of make up - or at least attempting to give the illusion I'm not wearing a lot of make up!! Haha. 'Banshee' is a lovely shade, a Lustre finish which I tend to avoid but there's something that really attracted me to this and I'm glad I got it. I had it for 10 minutes and it was already depotted and sitting pretty in my palette!



My usual camera died a painful death and the one I'm currently using didn't seem to pick up the colours very well when I swatched so I leave you with the above photo of me with Personal Style on my cheeks.

Have you picked up anything from Lillyland or All Ages, All Races, All Sexes? Are there any upcoming collections you're looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment