Monday 8 February 2010

Colour Eyeliner - What do you think?

I'm not sure how I feel about eyeliner in colours other than 
black or brown. I've been looking into some recently, ones
that I already had in my collection and ones that I've purchased more recently.

The photo shows me wearing just a tiny bit of No.7 Metallic Eyes Pencil in 01 Green. Retails for £7 but I used a voucher last month so paid £2. Today I wanted a simple make up look but wanted something a little different, so I swiped a small amount of this eyeliner across my waterline.

No.7 says 'Soft and creamy, long lasting pencil glides onfor maximum colour intensity'. This pencil does exactly what it claims to do. It really is so soft compared to some other coloured eyeliners I have which I tend to stay away from because they're too hard for my waterline where I really dont want to be applying a lot of pressure to - it hurts and I'm sure isn't very good for my eyes either! This pencil can be soft when applied with a light hand or quite dramatic when applied normally. However as I was going for a daytime look, I only used a tiny bit. I'm keen to try out other eyeliners from No.7 if the rest are as good as this one.

Other colour eyeliners I have include Prestige's Eyeliner in 69 'Disco' which is a gorgeous light blue however to even swatch it i have to drag it along my hand and its not exactly a pleasant feeling so this has gone nowhere near my eyes. I got this eyeliner for free when I bought my beloved Prestige mineral highlighter as there was a promotion in Boots when you spent over £8 on Prestige products, you got a free eyeliner. Then I have Rimmel's SpecialEyes in 121 'Azure Shimmer' which was extremely popular at the boarding school I went to when I was around 14. It's nice. That's the only word for it, nice. It's nothing special. I never find myself reaching for this.
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in 'Lilacky' is actually the oldest make up item I still own. I've had this for years - still soft and creamy and still gorgeous. I checked on the MAC website and this isn't on there anymore, that's how old it is. I love this but I like to wear coloured eyeliner on my waterline and this just doesn't show up there no matter how much I apply. Shame because this could be one of my favourite eyeliners of all time if it worked how I'd like it to.

Barry M Metallic Liquid Liner in No.4 (silver) is the only liquid liner I have that isn't black. Again, it's nice, doesn't swatch very well and I find myself having to apply a couple of layers to make it show up the way I want it to. It's worth a look into but it's not something I ever plan on repurchasing and never seem to reach for it.



So what have I found? Well, I've found that when I want that extra little bit of colour but don't necessarily want to spend lots of time applying eyeshadows and the likes, just a little bit of colour eyeliner on my waterline will make my eyes stand out just as much, if not more. Will I be trying more? Yes, I don't see why not.

What do you think? Are you a fan? Do you regularly reach for that purple eyeliner or do you stay away from any other colours than brown and black? I'd love to hear your opinions and if you do like them - what do you recommend to me?

1 comment:

  1. I've been wearing blue eyeliner on my waterline recently- just in the corner, i think it makes my eye's look a lot brighter.

    I love the green eyeliner x

    ReplyDelete